The benchmark in quality eyewear. They have reinvented rimless eyewear with their award winning collections and set the benchmark for quality, design, technology and comfort in eyewear.
Silhouette is renowned as a premium brand with enduring style featuring lightweight designs.
- Superior Quality & Comfort.
- Completely customisable – can be glazed to any preferred shape and rimless mounts are available in different bridge widths (including designs for Asian facial anatomy) and temple lengths to allow your eyewear to be entirely customised to your personal individual need and style.
- Made in Austria from a high-tech titanium alloy used in the aerospace industry, Silhouette’s are incomparably light, highly flexible and virtually maintenance free. Silhouette is the first eyewear manufacturer to be endorsed by NASA (Certified Space Technology™) and the frames have been worn by astronauts in space for almost a decade.
- Non-metal parts are made from SPX™ – a durable, ultra light, flexible and hypoallergenic material patented by Silhouette.
- Customers can choose a minimum of 64 combinations of colours and shapes (per collection) to customise and create their own rimless eyewear.
- Polarised SUN clip-ons are available for nearly all Silhouette rimless models.
- Spare parts are available for several years.
- Silhouette sunglasses are a cut above the rest. They feature Optical Class 1 ultra-lightweight polycarbonate lenses. All lenses feature 12 separate synthetic protective hydrophobic, anti-reflective & anti-scratch coatings, which provide 100% UV protection and filter at least 85% of harmful blue light. Advanced polarised technology to cut unwanted glare is also available.
The company was founded in 1964 in Linz, Austria and is still a family owned business. It employs more than 1,100 people in its manufacturing facility in Linz. With sales subsidiaries and distributors total people involved approaches 3,000. Silhouette is sold in more than 100 countries around the world.
In 1999, Silhouette introduced Titan Minimal Art, a rimless titanium frame without hinges, screws and weighing only 1.8 grams. This revolutionary eyewear became the most sold model in Silhouette’s history with more than 8.5 million people wearing it to date. The iconic Titan Minimal Art is still the core of Silhouette’s eyewear collection and launched the ‘Seeing Without Boundaries’ revolution.
Silhouette is the world‘s leading producer of rimless frames, which they believe is the best solution in eyewear.
The major advantages of rimless eyewear are the following:
- To see without any rim obstructing your vision.
- To be seen without any thick frame hiding your eyes.
Silhouette is the only major eyewear manufacturer to have its production entirely manufactured in Europe, this being at the Silhouette “state of the art” production facility in Linz, Austria.
Using the best technology available, every single piece of eyewear undergoes 40 days of manufacture in over 270 processes, 80 hours of polishing, using natural materials (such as nutshell granules) and 15 quality checks to ensure that they are perfect. 80% of the production of a Silhouette frame is still performed by hand.
Everyday more than 6000 people choose a Silhouette frame and independent research shows over 90% of them would buy Silhouette again.